So it's just about time for your senior session! Are you freaking out yet?
Well don't you worry! This prep guide will help ensure your session goes off without a hitch!
As a reminder:
- OVERPACK! You can never have too many outfits! If you still need outfit help - let me know!
- DON'T FORGET: Extra jewelry, jackets (leather, pleather, etc), hats & shoes! And sunglasses!
- STUDIO GOODIES: Do you want me to bring anything from the studio? Make sure to let me know! I can bring:
Chairs (both general & fancy)
Head Pieces (Floral, Sequin)
A few things to keep in mind:
- Be careful in the sun the week before your session. Sunburns are painful and so not cute for senior portraits! If you do happen to get a sunburn before your session, be sure to let me know so we can monitor your skin tones. If needed, the session will have to be rescheduled. If you choose to follow through with your session with a sunburn, please note that extensive portrait retouching will cost extra. Basically, take care of your skin! :)
- Spray tans: While spray tans are more favorable than getting a little color via a tanning bed, I HIGHLY discourage you from getting one. Spray tans tend to not photograph in a flattering way. Again, if extensive portrait retouching is needed due to a spray tan, there will be additional charges.
- Nails: Please be mindful of your fingernail & toenail situation. Professional manicures and pedicures are not required, but please make sure your nails are in a clean manner. If you choose to paint your nails, stick to neutral colors. Tans and dusty pinks photograph well. Please steer clear of any neon nail colors.
- Undergarments: Be sure to bring a variety of bras with you. Some outfits have a need for strapless bras, but sometimes those bras aren't always flattering. Pack a mix of regular bras, strapless and bralettes.
- Chap stick and/or lip gloss: You will give me a good dose of smiles. So be sure to bring some sort of lip liner! Trust me, you will use it!
- Weather: Unfortunately weather can be quite unpredictable. I will make the call whether or not to reschedule the session due to weather. Chances of rain and/or thunderstorms and any wind of 15+ mph will be grounds for rescheduling. I take my client's safety pretty seriously and taking chances is just not worth it. And no one wants wind whipping their hair in their face for their entire session, either.
I am SO excited for your session and I hope you are too!